Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm ba-ack!!!!!....in Utah

I am embarrassed at how long it's been! This past week and a half has been a whirl wind! We drove across the country-we moved across the country in fact and we are now in Utah. Yes, Utah. I'm sooo happy to be near family and friends again but I have to admit I am extremely and totally stressed at being currently unemployed, not having a home, etc. Anyways, I'm just ready to get established here and get back into the swing of normal life.




Breakfast at my parents. Real fancy. I felt like a little kid again sitting in my parents living room in my pajamas eating sugar cereal. It was a good way to wake up.



Lunch was at Sweet Tomatoes. It's this healthy buffet. It's really delicious and I've missed it! I started out with a humongous salad, with a little bit of everything on it.



This cream of chicken soup was YUMMY! Gotta eat it with cornbread.



I splurged on an afternoon dessert. You know, considering it's 4th of July weekend and all that;)



Dinner I cooked up some salmon for my brother and hubbie. I haven't had salmon in awhile and I forget how much I like it. So healthy and so tasty.



Tonight we went to a Salt Lake Real Soccer game. It was a good time. They had David Osmond sing after the game and fireworks to follow.



We ended the night with Red Mango. It felt like I was back in NYC but better because we were there with our best friends:)

Work-out:
-I've got to get credit for my run last night. We ran up a mountain. Seriously just ran up a super steep mountain by my parents house. It was crazy hard and the altitude kicked my butt! Tomorrow my bro, Gabe, and I are running a 10K. I'm nervous, wish me luck!

I've missed you all!!! My goal is to get back to the daily update. Thanks for sticking with me! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

6 comments:

Anonymous

welcome home, Brooke! I missed your posts and glad you made it safe and sound! Don't stress about job/house...you just 'landed'. Stuff takes time and you have absolutely done the right thing. Enjoy your weekend :)

Anonymous

BROOKE! I missed you! Glad you made it safe and sound.

Good luck getting settled and sorting things through. Everything will work out and fall into place!

Kudos on signing up for that race! Can't wait to hear how it goes :-)

Emily@The Experimentariam

Hey there! I just found your blog through Gena's Choosing Raw. I just laughed at the name and wanted to check it out. I live in SLC, so I was excited to see that you just moved here. I have a blog too, if you'd like to click over. Good luck with everything and congrats on running up that mountain--that's one thing Utah's definitely good for :) P.S. LOOOOOVE me some sweet tomatoes!!

Anonymous

good luck on the 10k, you will do great. the salad looks so good, as does the salmon.
http://randomlymikey.wordpress.com/

Anonymous

hope all is well :)

Christine

welcome back to utah. ;-) love the pictures you posted here.

Brooke's Ball Buster  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO