Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday is my favoritist day!!

So today is our last Friday living in NYC. It still doesn't feel very real that we are going to be leaving next week. This is such a bitter sweet experience. It is sooo hard saying goodbye to my students and to this incredibly lively city but it is comforting to go back to a familiar place where our loving family is. In the end this move is what's best for our marriage, and that is what is most important to me...Thank you for all the motivational ideas, Ellie, Katie, and Isha. It is your ideas that got me to work-out today. Thank you!


Quick and nutritious breakfast-Kashi Honey Puffs cereal.


Since it's my last Friday I thought I would treat myself by going out to lunch-Quiznos. Sooo yummy! I had a turkey, ranch, and swiss sandwich.


I wanted baked bbq chips-I actually like the taste better then traditional potato chips but this was all they had at Quizno's.


We wanted to spend our last Friday night walking around our favorite area of Brooklyn-Cobble Hill. We tried this new BBQ Restaurant that just opened up 2 weeks ago. I again forgot to pay attention to the name-I will try to remember to walk past it this next week because this place is one to remember. These pulled chicken sandwiches were to die for! Holy moly they were delicious. There was coleslaw on the sandwich-which I was a little bit skeptical of b/c coleslaw isn't always the best. But this was by far the best chicken sandwich I've ever eaten!


My sweet tooth was craving some chocolate ice cream tonight. Too bad, Tasti-Delight was neither tasty or delightful. How can an ice cream place screw up ice cream?? Maybe because it's low calorie and low fat or maybe it's because I am now accustomed to the taste of Pinkberry or Red Mango. Either way I don't recommend Tasti-Delight.


We ate dinner pretty early tonight so I got some late night munchies. Cinnamon toast did just the trick! It made up for my not so yummy chocolate cone.

Work-out:
-The motivational ideas worked! I got out there and ran tonight with Gabe. Thank you ladies! I will continue to utilize your ideas to inspire me. I <3 you girls!

Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend! Enjoy yourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous

glad you enjoyed your last Friday in NYC! And so happy you made it to work-out! YAY! Those BBQ sandwiches look divine... have a great weekend!

I'm happy for you that you are doing what is right for you and your husband, but selfishly sad you won't be around when I come to NY in October!

Anonymous

Oh Brooke! I'm sad I won't be seeing you again (soon, at least!) but I'm happy you're doing what's best for you and Gabe. Good luck!

Brooke's Ball Buster  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO