Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope you all enjoyed this Memorial Day! Since my brother joined the Air Force I have a whole new appreciation for this day and our country for that matter. My Parents go all out on Memorial Day, my Pops put 25 American flags in their front yard! I wish they had sent me a pic so I could share with you, it is quite the sight! I think they even put flags up in their neighbors yards! Gotta appreciate the Patriotism:)...So today was beautiful and New York shopping was treating me well! 40% off kitchen appliances at Macey's, so we bought a blender. I am so excited to make smoothies! Gabe and I have been married for 2 and 1/2 years and we have yet to get some kitchen essentials so we are still working on that.

I doubled up on the strawberries this morning with my fage and granola. What am I going to do when strawberries are out of season???
We ate at Buddies Burrito and Taco Bar in Brooklyn. This place is such a steal! $2.65 for a stacked vegetarian taco. So filling and delicious. This guac is too die for! If you're in Brooklyn you have to check this authentic Mexican restaurant out.
After lunch we went into the city to shop at Macey's. Afterwards I needed me a Red Mango fix. This is REAL frozen yogurt. Like they literally froze yogurt, you are probably like, "duh" but it's different and it's hella good! 120 cals for a small and the chocolate chips are another 100 cals. Chocolate is most always worth it;)
Trying out our new blender. We added 2 bananas, a cup of strawberries, 1 mango, 1/4 cup of milk, and some ice.
I calculated the cals on Calorie King and this big shake containing 3 servings of fruit came out to only 165 calories! I can't wait to try all sorts of smoothies.
After some hard core shopping I fell asleep on the coach and Gabe didn't wake me up till 8:30pm and I was hungry! While waiting for my dinner I had a 100% Whole Wheat english muffin with some cheese melted on top.
This Lean Cuisine french bread pizza hit the spot tonight! Can you believe there are only 340 calories in this bad boy?!
After dinner and the Jon & Kate Plus 8 Season Premiere (makes me so sad they might get a divorce, I'm hoping it's just a promotion scheme) we walked down to King Tomatoes, the produce GOD. I was thrilled to get a TON of fruit this week for our smoothies:)
Can you believe we have a bowl big enough for all this fruit? Gabe talked me into this wooden bowl (it's freaking huge) but it was a deal-$20 at Amazing Savings. I like it, it just takes up a lot of space, that we don't have. Oh well, the sacrifices you make when your married to an Interior Designer;)

Work-out:
- I did some research on how many NYC blocks make a mile. Here is what I found...
"In large cities the number varies depending upon the original grid layout. In NYC (Manhattan) the number of north-south blocks per mile is 20. East-west blocks (between avenues) are typically just under 5 north-south blocks in length, so the number of east-west blocks per mile is 4."-WikiAnswers
-With this info Gabe and I walked about 1.5 while shopping today
-I also did some upper-body lifts at home. I used 10 pound dumb-bells for this entire work-out.
-Military Press 12 reps, 3 sets
-Tricep Extensions 12 reps, 3 sets
-Shoulder Shrugs 15 reps, 3 sets
-Bicep Curls 12 reps, 3 sets
-Arm Raises 12 reps, 3 sets

This weekend has been so absolutely wonderful. I am not ready to go back to work but at least it's a short week. I just wanted to say, thank you to you all for reading and supporting me:) I have been so much healthier since I started this blog. I'm happier and I just feel better about myself. So thank you, thank you, thank you:)

4 comments:

ellie

I found your blog over the weekend so thought I'd say "hi"! Sounds like a fun weekend- and delicious food! The Mexican place in Brooklyn sounds amazing...can't beat good food for less than $3! I live in Scotland right now but have moved back and forth between NY and miss it a lot so am likely to live vicariously through your blog until I finally move back :P

Enjoy your day!

Olga

Hi!

I'm also from Brooklyn (coming back from school this Saturday woot woot) and just found your blog. Nice!

I always wondered about NYC blocks and miles. Thanks for the info! Those smoothies look excelleeeenntt

Anonymous

Hi! I just found your blog and I love its name! I noticed that you were trying to calculate how many NYC blocks make up a mile. Often i use this site: http://www.mapmyrun.com/create_new to map out my runs and it gives the milage too!

Anonymous

That taco looks great! And what a price... can't believe I haven't been there.

Glad you had a nice weekend :-)

Brooke's Ball Buster  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO