Saturday, May 16, 2009

Say hello to a professional New York tour guide

This weekend we've got visitors! My brother and sister-in-law came in from Utah last night. Gabe and I absolutely love visitors because we get so homesick. We have been sooo busy touring the city last night and today...whew I am one tired girl. We have had a blast though, my love for New York is definitely renewed by having enthusiastic visitors.

I fed the fam my favorite breakfast this morning; greek yogurt, granola, and strawberries:)
We went to lunch at the Gatsby Bar and Grill in SoHo. This guacamole was to-die-for!
I had a garden burger at The Gatsby. The texture was bit off for my liking; a bit too soft and mushy. I should have done away with the fries but I excused it for "vacation".
We totally look like tourists, huh??
Dinner took place at Hummus House. It was my first middle eastern restaurant, EVER. I'm kind of embarrassed by my naive taste buds. This restaurant was outstanding! I was so impressed; food A+, ambiance A, price A++!!! If you guys ever come to New York you have to check this place out.
We started the meal out with a collection of different hummuses. They offered whole wheat pitas that were fresh out of the oven.
I had a little bit of everything. My favorite was their falafal's. I felt so satisfied leaving this restaurant, it's been 4 hours and I am still full-but in a good way:)...We also had Baklava for dessert. OMG it was so freakin' good!!

Work-out:
-Walked around and shopped SoHo for 3 and 1/2 hours
-Stood in line for Wicked tickets for 3 hours...and didn't get them:(
-Toured the city for another 2 hours after dinner

It's bedtime folks. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, we are going on a boat tour. I've wanted to since we moved here a year ago but my hubbie and I have been too prideful to do that sort of touristy thing. I guess we've come down to earth, or we've lived here long enough to not care. Either way I psyched! Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!!

0 comments:

Brooke's Ball Buster  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO