Monday, May 11, 2009

I've got a case of the Monday's!

Like the Office Space reference? I certainly had a bad case of the Monday's today. I don't think I ever got into the swing of things. And now I'm not sure if I have allergies for the first year ever or the beginnings of a nasty cold....blah, can't it just be the weekend already??!

Birdseed(Kashi Go Lean) for Breakfast. I was totally against ever trying this cereal because it looked gross, but it's totally not. 140 calories per serving, 13 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber, only 1 gram of fat, best of all it tastes really good!

I'm trying to cut back on the Diet Pepsi intake so I've been drinking more carbonated water. It's a good substitution. It was funny today because all my students thought my Perrier was alcohol..."Yo, Ms. Brooke you drinkin' at work??" My reply, "hell ya, I'm gettin' crunked in this jiz-iont!" ....well not really but I should have said that:)
This blog has really helped me to pay more attention to what I eat. For example, this pizza was home-made and I probably would have just gotten some Crisp and Tasty's before I started this blog. Next time I am going to look for a whole wheat crust, but at least I'm making progress.

I'm so grateful for the introduction to LaraBars from Gina and Sammie.
Today's flavor was not as good as yesterday's. Cocoa Mole still my fav.
My hubbie got some chocolate eclairs for his "treat" tonight and I am proud that I didn't surrender to those little devils;) Instead I chocolate dipped strawberries...you can purchase this chocolate dip anywhere I'm sure. It hardens if you give it enough time but I usually don't wait that long:P I count out the wafers into it's serving size before I stick it in the microwave. 10 wafers allows 3 big strawberries to be coated and it's only 150 cals and you are getting a serving of fruit. What a deal, huh?
Then there is no guilt complex when you want a 2nd serving!

Work-out:
-Fitness Club, I lead a fitness group at the high school I work at on Monday's and Wednesday's. Last week we weren't able to have it because there were too many fights breaking out within the neighborhood. Scary!!! Today was great though. I had 2 new students come participate and I got them to run 2.5 miles with me! Then we did lunges, and some aerobics. I'm sore, so I am hoping the kids aren't too too sore. Whoops! Good times had by all, none the less.

Hope everyone had a good start to the week. I have a feeling it's going to fly by!


1 comments:

Lauren

Hey Brooke - Great blog! Your homemade pizza looks fantastic, and I am a sucker for strawberries & chocolate.

Kashi GoLean is a great cereal - with a stellar nutritional profile!

Brooke's Ball Buster  © Blogger template por Emporium Digital 2008

Voltar para o TOPO